Tuesday, April 30, 2013

LAY WOO-D3 wood loaded filament


While waiting for some parts to come in for my dual+ extrusion mods, I decide to try some LAY WOO-D3 light cherry 40% wood filament on the M2. I used  Creator's default M2 PLA profile at .15mm layer height to print a 20mm cube. The results were good for absolutely no tweaking. Bed and layer adhesion were great. My only problem was feeding the material consistently. The filament is quite rough and would get caught easily along the filament guide. I have a few ideas on fixing that though. The material takes a while to fully harden, a couple of hours, after printing. It also has a pleasant saw dust smell. I tried sanding a portion and while it did not sand easily like a wood it sanded better than just straight PLA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment